Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
Introductions and The Rules! 😉
Most importantly the last one.
“5 Closely-Guarded Secrets to Persuade Kids to See YOU as a Super Hero!”
In this Webinar you will learn the 5 Top Secrets:
- Engage curiosity with kids
- Dazzle them, they will think you are Superwoman/man
- Easily earn their respect and admiration
- Have the time of your life, servicing the kids of the future
- Get the Kids asking you for more YOGA!
You will leave this webinar ready to SAVE the World through sharing your love for Kids Yoga! Let go of the conversation that is holding you back, and get in the game for the Kids Sake!
Find out more information here about the webinar by sharing this link with your friends, or have them join the CLUB and connect together here in the members only area.
How to Market your Yoga on Facebook
Discover Insider Secrets about Building Social Influence Online!
25 Reasons Your Kids Should Do Yoga
1. It builds healthier eating habits. Some studies indicate that kids who practice yoga may choose healthier foods.
2. Yoga helps kids deal with life’s stress. When kids “slow down” to participate in the practice of yoga, they learn techniques to help them deal with life’s challenges.
3. Yoga helps children develop creativity. A holistic approach to teaching yoga allows children to experience yoga along with creative activities such as storytelling, expressive movement, and even art.
4. Practicing yoga helps kids learn how to control their emotions. Especially for kids with autism spectrum disorders or other behavioral issues, the calming techniques learned in yoga may help them manage emotional outbursts.
5. Practicing yoga helps build self-esteem. Studies show that children suffering from eating disorders report an improved self-image on the days they practice yoga. But even “normal” children will have a better sense of self after practicing yoga.
6. Yoga is a non-competitive way to exercise. When children practice yoga, they learn ways to exercise that don’t involve winning or losing. Everybody feels good after doing yoga.
7. Yoga improves self-discipline. Children who are learning yoga also learn to master their own behavior. They learn to control themselves, rather than waiting for others to tell them what to do.
8. Yoga may help kids with ADHD. Studies from the University of Heidelberg suggest that yoga, in coordination with other therapies, may help kids with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
9. Yoga improves strength. Despite appearing to be a low-impact activity, yoga requires greater muscular strength the more advanced one becomes. Children develop stronger muscles from practicing yoga.
10. Yoga also improves flexibility. The deep stretching and breathing involved in yoga improves muscular flexibility, which is important for avoiding injuries.
11. Practicing yoga improves focus and attention. Yoga requires concentration. While some kids might not find this easy at first, the more they practice, the easier focusing will be.
12. Yoga play allows children to learn bodily self-awareness. By deliberately moving the body and thinking about the way it feels, children develop more self-awareness.
13. Yoga helps children develop control and awareness of their breathing. Breath awareness and the ability to calm down and meditate are important skills that children can use for their whole lives.
14. Yoga builds listening skills.Taking a yoga class builds good listening skills, helping your child be more respectful of others.
15. Yoga improves balance and coordination. Many yoga poses require the ability to balance. This is not always easy for children at first, but as they continue to practice, their balance will improve.
16. Yoga helps prevent sports injuries. By improving strength and overall flexibility, yoga can help young athletes prevent injury to growing bones and muscles.
17. Yoga develops the skill of midline crossing. It’s something adults take for granted, but any activity that encourages crossing the midline, or the imaginary line at the center of your body, is beneficial for motor skills.
18. Yoga is a fun way to get exercise! Doing playful yoga poses is a great, non-threatening way for kids to get moving. They can pretend to be the animals or objects named in the pose, such as the cobra, the tiger, or the mountain.
19. Yoga encourages a positive outlook. Yoga is such a calming, restful, and fun activity that it’s hard not to feel good afterwards. Kids who do yoga on a regular basis report feeling happier.
20. Yoga helps children develop directionality. Young children who have a hard time telling the difference between right and left will be helped by practicing yoga.
22. Yoga helps kids build patience. It takes patience and time to learn a new physical skill, and as new yoga poses are introduced, your child may not be able to do it all at first. But the important thing is that a good yoga instructor will give the child encouragement and time.
23. Yoga improves posture. Children that spend a lot of time seated at desks in school or in front of the computer at home may develop upper body tension and increased spinal pressure. Yoga relieves this.
24. With yoga, the focus is on the individual. Rather than being pressured to do exactly the same thing as the others in class, a child practicing yoga is on an individual journey within the class. An instructor can give feedback to each child and each child feels like they have learned something.
25. Yoga can help kids with special needs. Yoga has been shown to be helpful and therapeutic for children with Down’s syndrome, cerebral palsy, and other physically limiting conditions. Each child is different, so of course you should ask your pediatrician or specialist.
For articles written on the benefits of yoga click here
If you want to do yoga, of course you need to have some of the needed yoga accessories but you don’t really need all of it.
In practicing, you don’t actually have to force yourself to buy all of the accessories. You can have just the necessary ones. If you want to have the most yoga accessories, you can go for the cheaper ones that are available.
Other sports may require you to have all the expensive accessories needed in the practice. With Yoga, the major requirement is your body and nothing more. It is the important equipment that you should have in order to complete the process.
Although not required, you can have the basic yoga accessories if you want to. These basic accessories give you a comfortable look and feel when having the practice.
Of course, Yoga Accessories are safer to perform with in having a practice. It may prevent some certain slips and slides that you may not expect while in the procedure especially if you are a beginner.
Some standard Yoga Accessories include clothing. This type of accessory is needed to keep you comfortable. Good clothing helps you to breathe clearly and it allows to you make movements freely. These Yoga Accessories contributes a lot to your concentration and will give you a peaceful mind.
If you do not wear good and comfortable Yoga Accessories, you might be distracted. Distractions are very hard to deal with in doing yoga practices.
Wearing loose fit tee shirts might cause some abstractions because it draws your attention and it causes to move unevenly. Paying attention to these things is such a hindrance to a peaceful yoga practice.
Yoga instructors recommend their students to wear nice-fit Yoga Accessories in order for the session to be flourishing and thriving.
One of the best Yoga Accessories is the shorts. Most people wear shorts during a practice. This is very perfect for those who perspire a lot. Sometimes, the room temperature keeps you warm and wearing coated accessories may cause some discomfort during the practice.
Since Yoga needs full concentration, sweating may cause some distractions and disturbances. Yoga Accessories are created to make you feel better and not to make you feel uneasy.
Yoga as we all know is performed barefoot but there are some people who are comfy in wearing socks that are made of cotton and also shoes that are softly made.
A mat is another Yoga Accessory that is commonly used by those who practice yoga. This is quite essential if you are in a class so that you stay in your place during the practice.
This is good to stay clean because there will be some exercises that requires you to lie flat on the floor. Mats help in preventing slides and slips during a practice.
There are also some optional Yoga Accessories which include bags. These bags are useful if you are carrying a mat to your class.
DVD’s are useful if you are not taking classes. The videos represent as your teacher. You simply need to follow the steps and you’re in shape. It’s just like having real classes.
Buying these accessories is not really compulsory but they are considered useful. Now what are you waiting for? If you really want to do yoga, go and get yourself the Yoga Accessories that you want.
Willa got a private class and we share
“The Sun the Sun” together.
The kids love this one!
Words by Storytime Yoga Sydney Solis
- The Sun, The Sun
- I salute the sun
- I open my heart
- To everyone
- The sun rises
- The sun sets
- The whole world
- In my heart rests
- Again I rise
- Ready to live
- Happy to be
- And ready to give
- The Sun, The Sun
- I salute the sun
- I open my heart
- To everyone
This is so much fun, takes a bit of management. If you
have a large group, make sure you take a break. 😉